The participation fee is $799. The fee not only holds your date and allows us to book the hair and makeup artist for your shoot, but it also covers the consultation, photoshoot, use of the studio creative and glam wardrobe, one gorgeous matted print of your choice, and inclusion in the 40 Over 40 Portrait Exhibition.
- CONSULTATION: To discuss how YOU want to be photographed and to plan the wardrobe & styling.
- WARDROBE STYLING CONSULTATION & FULL ACCESS TO OUR STUDIO CLOSET: Enjoy couture pieces in our studio wardrobe during your shoot.
- COMPLETE MAKEOVER WITH HAIR & MAKEUP STYLING: For you to look and feel amazing
- IMAGE REVEAL SESSION: Where you see your images at the studio & select your gifted image/order your favorites on the same day, immediately after your photoshoot.
- PORTRAIT OF YOUR CHOICE: You will receive one fine art matted portrait with a matching digital image (a $500 value). Additional photographs and products are available for purchase.
- MEMBERSHIP IN THE PRIVATE “VIP MUSES BY ROBERTA MONTAGNINI” FACEBOOK GROUP
- YOU’LL BE CELEBRATED IN MY UPCOMING VIP GALLERY EXHIBITION EVENT: When the portrait series is complete in 2022, you will be celebrated in an exhibition featuring a portrait of each of the fabulous 40 women over 40 that Roberta has photographed.
A regular session with Roberta Montagnini Portraits starts with a session fee of $1200 and it does not include hair and makeup styling ($200).
The 40 over 40 experience is definitely a steal and a great incentive if you are on the fence about booking this extraordinary confidence booster experience.
Absolutely! When you see all the stunning images we have created for you, you will most likely want them all! Extra photographs (including the digital and 5×7 print on an 8×10 mat) are $500 each, but the more you buy, the more you save.
You can save by purchasing collections. The more you buy, the cost goes down. Our packages with 5 images start at $2250 + tax and go up from there. We do take credit cards and offer payment plans as well.
- TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS FOR SALE – I offer the world’s most luxurious products to store and display your new photographs, including matted prints, albums, folio boxes, and wall art.
- My most popular item is a glass-front eco-leather box, handcrafted in Italy, which sits on your mantel or bookshelf to show off your new matted prints. It’s like a living frame, where you may swap out the photo in the front at any time.
- I also offer luxurious and jaw-dropping wall art products if you decide to have larger prints on your wall.
Our luxurious products are hand-crafted in Italy.
The portrait studio is in Yorktown, VA. In the vicinity of Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg in Virginia. We are a short drive from Virginia Beach and Richmond and a 3h drive from Washington D.C.
We have appointments available for photoshoots on weekdays from 10 AM. Availability is first come first served. On your phone chat with Roberta, she will share the next available dates and make sure to find an opening that works for you.
One of the most exciting parts of this project is to celebrate all 40 of our participants and share your images and stories with the community. There will also be a final celebration featuring all 40 women’s portraits on display once this project is complete. Our venue will be announced as we get closer.
I will be 37 this year, and I can relate with all my 40+ sisters to the feelings we have about aging and how women are underrepresented in the media as they get older. There’s not a lot of incentive, praise, and diversity in the feminine world after you pass your 30s. When you turn 30 it feels like by the time you reach 40 that’s the end of it all.
Women over the age of 40 are amazing! They have some of the most incredible stories, they’ve gone through a lot of change and life experiences and they deserve to be represented, to be the inspiration younger generations need as they embrace who they are, exactly for who they are.
There’s no expiration date on being a fabulous, happy, fulfilled, and vibrant woman. You inspire me. Your story inspires me. You show me and our society the truth– that a woman just gets better with time, like a fine wine! I am a huge believer in women’s empowerment. There aren’t enough platforms for women over 40 to share their story and their beauty.
Also, my greatest inspiration is my mother. She is going to be 61 this year, she’s my muse and I’ve never met someone with so much poise, grace, confidence and resilience. She is a fierce, strong, independent woman that can conquer the world and I would love to grow older to be at least a little bit like her.
“Photogenic” is not something you are…or are not! It’s my job as the photographer to make you look and feel amazing. And lucky for you I am a trained master at making women of all ages, shapes, and sizes look amazing in photographs.
Certainly! You can definitely include loved ones in your shoot! Extra hair and make-up are $200 per person (if needed). Part of your story is the people (and furry pets) you love. So if you want to include your loved ones, the more the merrier. And you also have total permission to make this photoshoot just about YOU!
You can wear unlimited outfits within your session time. I often recommend lining up 6 outfits in order of preference for your photoshoot. This way we make sure to cover your absolute favorite styles first.
The studio has a collection of dresses, gowns, creative props, and fabrics for you to play dress up!
You can even mix and match your own pieces with the studio outfits. We can create a variety of styles and different genres for your photoshoot.
- You can be casual in jeans and a black or white shirt
- You can wear a summer dress
- You can wear a fancy cocktail dress or jumpsuit
- You can wear yoga clothes
- You can be a goddess and let me drape my fabric and style you with my props
- You could even wear lingerie
- Or bare it all! If you’d like something more intimate
There are no rules. This is up to you! I want to photograph you based on your style and dream vision.
Yes! Yes! Yes! I would love to also have your friends be a part of this project! Please spread the word.
I totally understand that life happens! When I schedule your photoshoot. I also book in my hair & makeup artist’s time to be at your photoshoot. Therefore, you are allowed one reschedule if it’s more than 7 days out from the shoot at no charge. If we have less than 7 days’ notice (or this is the second time you need to reschedule) we do charge a $150 rescheduling fee.
We aren’t “choosing” anyone. Every woman’s story is inspiring. Every woman is beautiful. So we aren’t going to exclude anyone who wants to be involved. Basically, this project is first come, first served. If you are willing to connect with Roberta for a “get to know you” call, pay your $799 participation fee, book your date, and are over 40 (or turning 40 this year) you can be a part of the shoot! YAY!
The other limit is that we only have 40 spots available. Once we hit 40 women, we will create a waitlist of interested women.